Stones can be in kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder or urethra. It is very common in Haryana and Punjab areas because of weather conditions and genetic susceptibility. Sometimes the kidney stone formers (metabolic stone former), usually run in family.
What are kidney stones?
As we all know, kidneys perform a crucial role in our body. The kidney removes all the waste and fluid from your blood to make urine and helps to maintain its functions properly. But sometimes when you have too much waste of salt and minerals with not enough fluid in your blood, it develops and sticks in kidneys and make it functions unwell, these hard wastes are known as a kidney stone.
Kidney stones are similar petite stones that develop inside the kidneys because of few wastes. They made when salts, as well as minerals that are frequently in the urine, develop up plus made it harden.
Kidney stones can be painful when passing through the urinary. If that happens, the stones can cause:
- Pain in the side of the lower section of the belly
- colors change of blood in the urine
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain when you urinate
- The need to urinate in a hurry
- Cloudy or smelly urine
- fever and chills
- Pain in back, burning during urination
How do I know if I have kidney stones?
Kidney stones are like a petite piece of pebble that can develop on either or both sides of the kidney. Kidney stones seldom generate lasting damage. Kidney stones vary not only in size but also in shape.
Usually, Kidney stones normally have yellow or brown. Kidney stones can block the natural flow of urine including severe pain as well as little bleeding.
If you see the symptoms like pain in your back and bleeding then you must consult with the doctor immediately without wasting your time and prevent yourself from all these problems such as Urinary Tract infection UTI.
If you have stones in your kidneys then the symptoms of this can be a severe pain in your back, pain while you move into your lower belly, plenty of urinating, pain while you peeing, cloudy, red-pink or brown urine, nausea with stomach ache, fever and chills.
Do you know the scientific name of kidney stones?
The scientifically the kidney stone identified by is renal calculus or nephrolith. You might listen to health care professionals call this condition nephrolithiasis, urolithiasis, or urinary stones which present on the kidney.
There are probably 4 types of kidney stones, which depend on the size, location and the material they are made up of.
How are kidney stones treated?
Each person’s treatment is different according to the kidney stones. The right treatment for you will depend on: The size, type, and location of your stone, how much pain you have, how much you are vomiting, etc. You must take some treatments like:
- Water: Drinking 8 to 12 glasses of water each day helps you to melt the stone out through urine.
- Lemon juice: You must drink squeeze lemon juice because it contains citric acid which helps you to prevent kidney stones and helps to function the kidney properly. Lemon juice has numerous health benefits.
- Basil juice: Basil contains acetic acid which assists to break down kidney stones and decrease pain. It contains full of nutrients with the presence of antioxidants and it helps maintain kidney health.
- Apple cider vinegar: It contains acetic acid which helps to dissolve kidney stones. It also helps you to prevent pain caused by stones in the kidney.
If the stone is large or produces severe indications, you might require visiting in the hospital. If the stone is inadequate as well as causes only mild signs, you might be ready to stay home plus wait for it to pass in the urine.
You will probably necessitate taking a bunch of fluids. Plus, you might necessitate using pain medicines or drugs that perform it more accessible to pass the stone.
Stones that do not move on then it can be treated with:
- A device that utilizes sound waves to split up stones into scantier pieces, it identified as “shock wave lithotripsy.” This mode does not require surgery, but it can be notably painful.
- A specific variety of surgery that composes very petite holes in the skin. While this surgery, the doctor passes diminutive machines via the holes plus inside the kidney. Then they eliminate the stone. This is denoted as “percutaneous nephrolithotomy.”
- A piping tube that goes inside the body the equivalent method urine comes out. Doctors use devices at the close of the tube to split up or eliminate stones. It is identified as “ureteroscopy.”
What people can do to prevent from getting kidney stones again?
One manageable thing you can perform is to take excess water. You might also necessitate changing what you have, depending on what the kidney stones were created.
WHEN IS SURGERY REQUIRED?
Surgery for stones is usually required when the size of the stones is big, it is obstructing urine flow, severe symptoms (pain, infection, blood in urine, increasing serum creatinine) and in special occupations (pilots, sailors).